- Keep insects and rubbles from striking the windshield and the hood
- Easy installation, no drilling required
- Wade Platinum Bug Deflector has Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Attaches using 3M automotive grade tape
- Manufactured from high-gloss smoke acrylic
- Helps protect paint and windshield from rock chips
- Manufactured from High-Impact Acrylic
- Will not flex, flutter or vibrate at highway speeds
If you have ever gone on a long drive or road trip, you may have noticed that your vehicle encounters many bugs and flying road debris along the way. When it comes to protecting your vehicle from getting damaged from rocks and road debris, windshield wipers will not be enough. In this case, you will want to invest in a Wade Platinum Bug Shield.
A Wade Platinum Bug Shield is designed to look great as well as serve as the primary defense against rocks, bugs and other road debris. If you are worries that this particular type of hoof shield will not suit your vehicle, you can be sure that each deflector bug shield is crafted perfectly to fit your specific vehicle. With a chrome bug deflector, you will no longer have to worry about splattered bugs, flying rocks and loose road debris that can potentially damage your vehicle's paint. Protect your vehicle's hood from the hazardous road debris that you may encounter by investing in a bug hood and accessories for car deflectors.
If you are thinking about investing in vehicle accessories, you will want to most likely invest in the most functional accessories, such as a Wade Platinum Bug Shield. This kind of accessory, also known as a hood guard, cab be quite useful for your truck or SUV. Bug shields are able to prevent bugs and other debris from becoming planted into your windshield. With a bug shield deflector, you will not have to worry about dealing with cleaning up dead insects after a long drive.
A Wade Platinum Bug Shield can be a stylish addition to any pickup truck, SUV or minivan. These bug deflectors are manufactured by the latest technology in order to provide the most accurate vehicle fit on the market. Installation of bug guards is fairly simple as there is no additional drilling required for most vehicles. Most bug shield kits include the mounting hardware that is needed. Before installing your new bug deflector, be sure to clean the hood first as you do not want any dirt to become stuck under the shield. The design of this bug shield is unique. The Platinum Series bug protector has been redesigned to eliminate flex, flutter and vibration while driving. Due to its one-piece, high-impact construction, this bug guard is designed to help protect your paint and windshield from insects and other road debris. These hood deflectors are available with a smoke finish or a clear finish.
When it comes to protecting your vehicle's exterior from the every day wear and tear of driving, one of the simplest solutions is to invest in a Wade Platinum Bug Shield. This bug shield is crafted of digitally engineered acrylic and the design is able to follow the lines and curves of your ride for maximum protection. In addition, installing a high quality bug shield will ultimately save you money on going to the car wash. Give your car a sleek look as well as a functional accessory by installing a Wade Platinum Bug Shield.
- Sexy! -- Reviewed by Molly G (Virginia Beach, VA), 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer, October 5, 2012
" Sleek and sexy - this bug shield looks very nice on my Trailblazer :) "
- Good review -- Reviewed by Tom M (Lancaster, CA), 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer, October 2, 2012
" My friend ordered a bug deflector for his Durango and it looks really nice. The hood Shield for the Durango is a 3 piece unit and covers the hood as well as the headlights. But when mine came through they did not- the bug shield stops halfway around the lightlights. The ones I got still look really good. But I have to say the photo is a bit misleading. "
- Great product -- Reviewed by Mitchell T (Gilbert, AZ), 1998 Ford F-150, September 24, 2012
" The bug shield covers the entire hood section (unlike some other brands which only covers the center piece). There are 4 rivets that you push in to secure the shield- which took less than 10 minutes. The air deflector looks great and I'm happy with how everything has turned out. "
- Exactly as described -- Reviewed by Vernon D (Chicago, IL), 2002 Ford Expedition, August 21, 2012
" Great item, exactly as described! Will order again from Automax. "
- Disappointed -- Reviewed by Dolores K (Santa Rosa, CA), 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer, August 12, 2012
" I ordered the Wade Platinum bug shield expecting them to wrap around the headlights, but instead they stop at the head lights. The item is not exactly as depicted per product photo. Was a bit disappointed. Wanted to do exchange but seller said they don't make the 3 piece kind for my Chevy Trailblazer. "
- Thanks for $15 rebate Amy -- Reviewed by Luis S (Anchorage, AK), 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer, July 16, 2012
" Thanks Amy for the $15 rebate on these Wade bug shields. They fit great and I'll come back for more parts! "
- replaced old bug shield -- Reviewed by Jimmy M (Pueblo, CO), 1998 Ford F-150, June 23, 2012
" Bought this Wade bug shield to replace my old one which had fallen off during a joy ride. Great fit, easy to install. Very satisfied with the product. "
- Pretty good deal -- Reviewed by Benjamin M (Chandler, AZ), 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer, June 4, 2012
" The Wade bug shield looks good but would have preferred a bigger one. The Wade bug deflector stops at headlights, it would be nicer if they wrapped all the way around head headlights. "
- Installation tip -- Reviewed by Tim T (Sioux Falls, SD), 2002 Ford Expedition, May 25, 2012
" Was very easy to install. Got it in 2 days after ordering. Tip: put a towel underneath so if you drop a rivet or 2 it will go on the towel. It's impossible to get replacement hardware. "
- Good fit -- Reviewed by Karen M (Coral Springs, FL), 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer, May 17, 2012
" Love the bug shield from Wade. Fits my Chevy Trailblazer perfectly and matches my existing wind deflectors. "