- Keep insects and rubbles from striking the windshield and the hood
- Easy installation, no drilling required
- EGR Bug Deflector has Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Attaches using 3M automotive grade tape
- Manufactured from high-gloss smoke acrylic
- Helps protect paint and windshield from rock chips
- Manufactured from High-Impact Acrylic
- Will not flex, flutter or vibrate at highway speeds
When discussing the benefits of EGR Bug Deflectors for vehicles, these accessories offer much more than having the capability of protecting your vehicle from insects and debris. In fact, car deflectors may prove to be very helpful in keeping debris out of your vehicle's engine and allows fresh air to enter the cabin of your vehicle. Bug shields are usually attached to the front of your vehicle
There are many advantages to investing in EGR Bug Deflectors and hood deflectors. If you spend any time maintaining your vehicle at all, you are likely aware of how frustrating it can be to scrape of dead bug carcasses off of your hood and windshield. The acid from these dead bugs can potentially harm the paint of your vehicle so it is highly important to properly maintain your vehicle's paint job. A bug shield may just be the perfect defense to protecting your vehicle's paint. Car deflectors have proven to be helpful in a number of ways. Not only will a hood guard or other bug shield be able to reduce the amount of insects that damage your vehicle's paint, but a hood shield will also be able to protect the interior of your vehicle from the elements of nature. By installing bug deflectors to your vehicle, you will not have to be concerned about bugs damaging your paint.
In addition to being able to deflect bugs from your vehicle, EGR Bug Deflectors are also able to reduce the amount of wind resistance that you may experience when driving, especially when driving against wind. Depending upon what the make, model and year of your vehicle is, you will likely have a few varieties of bug shields to select from. Whether you choose a lower compact design or a high-rising design for a bug guard, both feature a perfect fit and mount for your vehicle with no additional drilling required. In many cases, a bug shield deflector attaches securely by using durable slips and push-rivets for simple installation. The material of which the bug shield deflector is made of will affect the quality as well as the functionality. Most bug guards are created from impact-resistant acrylic. This type of material never rusts, corrodes or oxidizes. A deflector bug shield is one of the most functional traveling accessories that you will want to attach to your vehicle.
EGR Bug Deflectors are available for your vehicle's hood, side windows and rear windows. Many vehicle owners will agree that there is nothing pleasant about driving with gooey bug guts on your vehicle. In addition to those bugs, paint damage from road debris may not look appealing either. With a bug protector, you will be adding an intense line of defense against insects and road debris. A chrome bug hood from EGR is a custom-designed, aerodynamic wall that serves as a guard along your hood's perimeter. A hood shield will be able to deflect debris and alter your vehicle's airflow to send insects and other debris flying over your vehicle's roof.
- Good fit -- Reviewed by Ann B (Santa Clarita, CA), 2000 Chevrolet Suburban, October 9, 2012
" Very tight fit. Even though product is aftermarket, it has an OEM look and feel. Really like the way this EGR bug deflector looks on my Suburban. "
- Arrived just in time -- Reviewed by Mary H (San Jose, CA), 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe, September 27, 2012
" My EGR bug shield arrived on schedule. Looks great on my Tahoe. Install took about 15 min. Pretty good product and shopping experience overall. "
- Good quality product -- Reviewed by Richard H (Norfolk, VA), 1999 Chevrolet Silverado, September 14, 2012
" Very happy with my EGR bug deflector. Makes my Chevy Silverado look like a million bucks. "
- Out of stock -- Reviewed by Beth C (Detroit, MI), 2000 Chevrolet Suburban, August 13, 2012
" Thought the bug deflector was in stock when I purchased it but I got an email next day later saying that it's on backorder and whether I want to wait for it or cancel the order. I decided to keep my order and got a $15 store credit for my next purchase at Automax. Not too happy with the wait but very pleased with the way they handled it. Good customer service experience. "
- Thanks for the replacement -- Reviewed by Pauline M (Augusta, GA), 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, August 12, 2012
" The original order I put through came in the mail damaged. I guess UPS can be pretty reckless with handling (seen that Youtube video?). The bug deflector was in a hard plastic moulding and then boxed. Automax sent me a replacemet the next day no charges what so ever. Thanks guys! "
- Happy with deflectors -- Reviewed by Mildred M (New Haven, CT), 1999 Chevrolet Silverado, August 8, 2012
" Pretty happy with my EGR bug deflector purchase from Automax. Installation was a piece of cake. I don't know why people on here complain about how hard it is to install them. "
- It's a beauty! -- Reviewed by Jeanette B (Rancho Cucamonga, CA), 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, June 7, 2012
" Installed the bug shield on my Cherokee in under 20 min. It's a beauty! "
- EGR is a good brand -- Reviewed by Vernon A (Tempe, AZ), 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe, June 1, 2012
" Had bought bug shields before from AVS and WeatherTech. I have to say this EGR hood protector is by far my favorite. It looks good and has great value. I got it on sale for 10% off plus free shipping. The EGR bugshield seems to be of a lighter material. The color is real nice and smokey. "
- Good pricing -- Reviewed by Kurt P (Fremont, CA), 2007 Toyota Tacoma, May 30, 2012
" Been looking for a bug guard for my Toyota Tacoma for a while now. Got the EGR from Automax because it was the best price and they had them in stock. Arrived 3 days later. Good stuff guys! "
- Easy install -- Reviewed by Neil P (Eugene, OR), 2007 Toyota Tacoma, May 15, 2012
" Install was a piece of cake. Just used a socket wrench to loosen the grille frame bolts and a screwdriver to attach the bugshield. The 3M tape is a nice added touch to secure the bug shield even better in place. A very high quality product! "