- Size - The bars are heavy duty 4" oval tubes
- Material - It is made from 1.35mm thick T-304 marine grade stainless steel
- Availability - The nerf bars comes with either polished stainless steel or black powder coated finish
- Security - Anti-slip pad is attached to the nerf bar for secure grip
- No Rust - Bar ends are fitted with durable plastic caps for maximum rust protection
- Easy installation - There is no-drilling required with the bolt on design
- Durability - Each Bar has Weight capacity of 600lbs
- All-in-one design - A set of nerf bars comes with a pair of nerf bars, mounting hardware, and installation manual.
- Warranty - Stainless steel nerf bars are protected by limited lifetime warranty while the black powder coated nerf bars has 5 year warranty
- Customization - Each nerf bar is custom designed to ensure perfect fit to your vehicle
When preparing to choose a nerf bar or side step for your truck or SUV, it is highly important to take the time and necessary steps in order to select the right one. In addition to APS 4" oval nerf bars, there are several other various styles and sizes of Nerf bars to choose from. Knowing this, you may be overwhelmed by the many options you have. The size of the side bars usually refer to the particular shape. In general, there are three basic shapes known as round, oval and hooped style. In addition the style of the running boards for your vehicle, you will also need to consider the material. Many nerf bars or step tubes are available in steel, stainless steel, black powder coat, chrome or polished stainless steel. Some manufacturers will offer the option to paint the Nerf bar to a color of your preference. This usually means that the product you order will come completely finished, but you may choose to paint it to match your vehicle's color.
When selecting the type of step tubes or nerf bars that are ideal for your truck or SUV, be sure to consider your own preferences. Nerf bars, such as APS 4" oval nerf bars, are not only functional accessories to install onto your vehicle, but they also provide a unique style to your vehicle as well. Before making the ultimate decision as to which step rails to invest in, be sure to consider the functionality, presentation and price. These are the three main factors to keep in mind when purchasing any additional accessories for your car.
The traditional round runningboards are available in 3" or 4" tubing. Oval bars, such as APS 4" oval nerf bars, are a very popular choice for truck bars. Oval nerfbars are also available in 5" tubing and 6" tubing. The hooped style is the least common of the three as the steps that are below the bar are in a “U”-shape formation. These truck bars may be available in one to three step sizes. After you have chosen the shape of your step for truck, you will need to then select the type and length of your nerf bars. Most brands will be able to customize your tube steps to perfectly fit your vehicle. The three most common types and lengths to choose from include Sports Bars, Wheel-to-Wheel and Bed Access. The Sports tube steps are equal to the length of your cab. The Wheel-to-Wheel Westin bars are equal to the full length of the pickup cab to the rear wheel. The Bed Access nerf bars are probably the most preferred out of all of the styles available.
Oval nerf bars, such as APS 4" oval nerf bars, are a great choice for a functional accessory for any truck or SUV. Once you have made your choice as to which nerf bars or tube steps are best for your vehicle, you can easily place your order online. When browsing online for APS 4" oval nerf bars or any other vehicle accessories, be sure to consider the functionality, price, quality and presentation.
- dodge ram 2011 -- Reviewed by Nicole L (Edgewood, NM), 2011 dodge ram, June 9, 2012
" They were easy to install. Look good. "
- Good value -- Reviewed by Steve M (Star, ID), 2010 Dodge Ram, May 18, 2012
" Step Bars came in record time in good shape. Installing was easy and straight forward - took about 45 minutes. Directions were good - had to get my son to read them because of the small font and my old age. Would recommend for any truck. "
- Non Slip -- Reviewed by Martin H (Anthem, AZ), 2011 Dodge Ram, May 2, 2012
" My mother-in-law(79) can get a good foot hold to get in and out of my Ram 2500 4X4 and has told me many times how much she likes them. They are wider and have better grip than the other the one that were on my chevy, DeeZee. Thanks "
- Very nice bars -- Reviewed by Brian R (Doylestown, PA), 2010 Ford F-150, April 2, 2012
" I was hesitant about purchasing this product only since it seemed to be on the bottom end of the price scale and the saying that "you get what you pay for" usually runs true for me. However, after reading all of the reviews about this product i saw no reason not to buy it. The one down side to this product that i read time and time again was it was a pain in the you know what to install. Well, i took the part of the equation right out and had them installed at an auto place. Well worth the minor amount of money for the lack of agrevation and time needed to install it. The tech did say it was a little pain in the you know what compared to others. All in all a great product so far. "
- easy to install -- Reviewed by harold C (Jacksonville, FL), 2010 Toyota Tacoma, March 16, 2012
" look nice and very easy to install. "
- satisfied shopper -- Reviewed by Calvin S (Wrens, GA), 2008 Dodge Ram, March 12, 2012
" I am happy with my purchase. The description and the pictures were accurate. "
- Great purchase -- Reviewed by Mickey L (Columbia, MS), 2010 Toyota Tacoma, March 4, 2012
" Love the oval bars....Look great and are very sturdy...and easy to install.. "
- Good reflections -- Reviewed by ruby y (Alexandria, VA), 2011 Chevrolet Silverado, March 2, 2012
" The step bars were easy to install,look great,and as sturdy as the truck I put them on I would recomend the bars and the service I got from automax styling to all my friends "
- Looks Great on Truck -- Reviewed by Victor H (Bristol, TN), 2010 Dodge Ram, March 2, 2012
" 2010 Dodge 3500 crew cab bar look good on truck makes it much easer to get in and out ,easy to install "
- Great looking, strong step bars, but the instructions need work. -- Reviewed by Paul C (Seneca, SC), 2006 Ford F-150, February 27, 2012
" 2006 F150 regular cab 4x4. The instructions are nearly useless. Parts are not labeled (left, right, front bracket, rear bracket would be nice) and the pictures have been copied so many time they are impossible to see any figures. But, they go on only one way. If you are the least bit mechanically inclined and lay it out and fit everything first, driver side took 45 minutes (had to figure it out), passenger side 30 minutes. "